Laurentian University is broadening its horizons and looking toward a bright future.
The university launched its 2018-2023 strategic plan Wednesday, which focuses on its five shared values: the north inspires us, student success is our success, teaching and learning define us, curiosity drives our research, and relationships are our priority.
“Laurentian’s 2018-2023 strategic plan encapsulates our university’s core values,” Pierre Zundel, interim president and vice-chancellor, said Wednesday. “We have embraced our identity as well as our collective strengths to identify 25 desired outcomes.
This strategic plan is a reflection of our students, faculty and staff, their work, and the positive impact Laurentian will continue to make in the world. Together, we will shape the future.”
There are five main aspirations that are central to the plan:
- Laurentian University will be a leader in the process of reconciliation through transformative post-secondary education and research.
- Laurentian University will be a catalyst for vibrant Francophone cultures and communities across Ontario and beyond.
- Laurentian University will create interdisciplinary knowledge to offer compelling solutions for society’s complex challenges.
- Laurentian University’s expertise in mining and environmental stewardship will drive knowledge creation, economic prosperity and ecological sustainability — locally, nationally and internationally.
- Laurentian University will provide innovative solutions to address particular health concerns and the general well-being of the north and its populations.
For the rest of this article: http://www.thesudburystar.com/2018/01/17/lu-looking-at-a-bright-future