Click here for the report: http://csr.goldcorp.com/2015/
VANCOUVER, June 27, 2016 /CNW/ – GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) has published its latest Sustainability Report, which provides a detailed insight into the company’s economic, environmental, and social performance, as well as its commitment to responsible mining and sustainability excellence.
The report is independently assured, and follows the requirements of the G4 Global Reporting Initiative, the United Nations Global Compact, and the International Council on Mining and Metals.
“Our annual Sustainability Report offers Goldcorp a valuable opportunity to engage our stakeholders and further focus and prioritize our sustainability and corporate social responsibility activities,” said Mr. Brent Bergeron, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability. “Goldcorp’s 2015 Sustainability Report responds to our stakeholders’ questions and concerns, as we strive for continuous improvement in our disclosure, as well as our sustainability performance. We believe transparency in all levels of reporting is fundamental to building and maintaining trust amongst the people and communities affected by our operations, and we will continue to improve the relevance, accessibility and transparency of our sustainability reporting.”
Goldcorp’s 2015 Sustainability Report built on previous and year-round efforts to engage stakeholders related to our sustainability performance and is the product of improved integration of sustainability issues with other business drivers.
Highlights of Goldcorp’s 2015 performance include:
- Developing a new Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy that includes risk-based business planning and integrates CSR within overall sustainability programming.
- Exceeding the company’s commitment to increase the percentage of women on the Board to 25% by 2017. Female representation on the Board increased to 27% in 2015.
- Completing a critical review of Goldcorp’s Sustainability Excellence Management System (SEMS), which provides an integrated platform for delivering on, and measuring the impact of, the Company’s sustainability commitments and objectives.
- Enhancing stakeholder partnerships by signing an agreement with the Wabauskang First Nation near our Red Lake mine, formalizing a partnership that was more than four years in the making.
- Becoming a signatory to the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
- Implementing the Tailings Stewardship Strategy, which sets best practice standards that complement government regulations.
- Contributing approximately $27 million to communities through donations, sponsorships, and infrastructure investments.
- Becoming member of the Mining Association of Canada and the World Economic Forum. We also formed a partnership with the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation and became an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Over the years, Goldcorp has been recognized for its achievements in corporate social responsibility and sustainability by NASDAQ, Dow Jones, Sustainalytics, Corporate Knights, and the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada. Goldcorp is a proud member of several multi-stakeholder fora, such as the Boreal Leadership Council, the International Council on Mining and Metals, and the Devonshire Initiative, which provide insight and opportunities for continuous improvement in sustainability performance.
The full report, as well as a downloadable PDF, is available at www.csr.goldcorp.com
Goldcorp is a global senior gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production from a high-quality portfolio of mines.
For the “Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements” and the original source of this email, click here: http://www.goldcorp.com/English/Investor-Resources/News/News-Details/2016/Goldcorp-releases-2015-Sustainability-Report/default.aspx
SOURCE Goldcorp Inc.
Lynette Gould, Director, Investor Relations, Goldcorp Inc., Telephone: (604) 695-1446, Fax: (604) 696-3001, E-mail: email@example.com, www.goldcorp.com